June 16, 2004

I DO BELIEVE IN DEITIES! I DO! I DO!

I've often said, when times are bad, that I'm sure God must be punishing me because I don't believe He exists.

If you're like me, here is a list of reasons that may just change your mind. My two favorites:

56. ARGUMENT FROM ARGUMENTATION

(1) God exists.
(2) [atheist's counterargument]
(3) Yes he does.
(4) [atheist's counterargument]
(5) Yes he does!
(6) [atheist's counterargument]
(7) YES HE DOES!!!
(8) [atheist gives up and goes home]
(9) Therefore, God exists.

29. ARGUMENT FROM BLINDNESS (II)

(1) God is love.
(2) Love is blind.
(3) Ray Charles is blind.
(4) Therefore, Ray Charles is God.
(5) Therefore, God exists.
P.S. also, this now proves that Nietzsche was right when he wrote that God is dead.
P.P.S. also, Nietzsche is dead.
P.P.P.S. Paul is not dead, but I'm pretty sure John and George are.
P.P.P.P.S. I've never written four postscripts before. Woo-hoo!

UPDATE:

A possible new favorite:

96.ARGUMENT FROM TEEN/TWENTYISH CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT

1) God is so totally awesome, dude, and if you would pretend that Creed and POD were good bands, you would realize that.
2) Also, our Youth Group leader Skip once, like, cured a broken leg using only the power of the almighty Lord.
3) Therefore, God exists.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 AM

    I like #23 the best, because well...Clapton is God! Also #'s 209, 233 and 234, made me chuckle. My wife found #206 quite hilarious. Haven't read them all yet though.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Still churning through it, but right now I'm all about numbers 30, 40, and 43. 32 is pretty good too (meta-smugness).

    doug

    ReplyDelete