September 13, 2004

Yeah...What He Said!

Here it is--the definitive answer on the CBS memos. (Thanks to Roger L. Simon, who got it via LGF.) It's overly technical, and a little dry, but if I understand it--and I think I do--Danny's got some 'splainin' to do, because this is the final nail in the coffin. I think at this point he's got to back down on these to save his career. (If that's even possible at this point. Certainly this may well be a chunk of his legacy.)

Now, if we could just find out who typed them. Let's see...it would have to be someone who was deluded about his own accomplishments because he must have thought the forgery wouldn't have been spotted...Someone who knew a little about the military, to get some of the details right, but who didn't spend a whole lot of time there, which accounts for the mistakes. Someone who had something to gain by making Bush look bad. And, of course, someone who knew the mainstream media well enough to figure they probably wouldn't look too closely at it...Hmmm...

Well, I can't think of anybody.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 AM

    I wouldn't say the forger is stupid. Perhaps the papers had been stored in a "lockbox" for say, four years or so. That was almost before I...I mean someone invented the Internet, and maybe back then, there weren't so many nosy Parkers with computers. What about that, huh?

    A.G.
    "Politics means never having to say you're sorry."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're joking of course. You and I both know who it is. Bill Burkett. Ms. Knox says some words in the documents are "Army" not "Air National Guard" wordings. Burkett was in the ARMY National Guard. WaPo reports that at least one of the docs was faxed Kinkos from Abilene and tada!!!! Burkett lives near Abilene. LGF discovers there's exactly one Kinkos in Abilene and guess who has an account there and was seen there last week? Bill Clinton....I mean Burkett...

    Mystery solved.

    ReplyDelete