September 23, 2004

I Know, I Know

It's been kind of 'feast or famine' time here. It's this new schedule. I'd quit, but I have it on fairly reliable authority that they would no longer pay me. In addition, I haven't found a whole lot that has moved me to write. I had started one I titled "Why Kofi Anan Is A Prick," but...Too much Kofi before bed, and I can't get to sleep. ("Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week!") Then I tried one titled "Why Dan Rather Is A Prick." This one practically wrote itself, but I banished it to blogger limbo because, frankly, I can't even believe this is a story any more. It was obvious from day one these memos were faked, why they were faked, and that Rather knew they were faked and didn't care. The mainstream media should have been screaming for his head. Now they're playing with it like a toddler who just discovered his penis, and acting--with a few exceptions--like they were the first to discover it. All this time-killer does is give Rather time to ride it out, to make excuses, to wait for the rest of us to get tired of listening to it. Hey...Newspaper guys...C'mon, man, call it what it is, or shut the fuck up about it. This should have been a career-ender, and it should have already been ender-ed. Especially with that weak "well let's not focus on the possible faked memos, but on the questions arising from them" tapdance from Rather himself. What a ridiculous argument. Don't think so? Try this on for size:



MEMO


To Whom It May Concern:

Dan Rather likes little boys. A lot.

Signed,
Mrs. Dan Rather's Mom


Well, the memo may or may not be faked, but what's more important here is that someone needs to make Dan Rather accountable for the questions it raises, right?

Right, Dan?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment