August 28, 2004

That Sound You Hear...

is the slow leak that will eventually result in the deflation of the Democratic party's choice for President. In an update to the story I posted a day or so ago, the Chicago Sun-Times is now reporting that Former Navy Secretary John Lehman "has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from," even though Lehman's signature is on it.
"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.
Now this could easily be explained away by attributing the signature to an autopen, a device that officially "signs" documents in government/businesses, were it not for a couple of things.

1. We've seen this kind of "discrepancy" waaaay too often from Kerry's record. And even more damning...

2. This is the third citation, and each one has had a different signature, and different content.

This issue is so far beyond the qualifier "oh, what does it matter, it's not going to affect the undecided anyway," that Kerry absolutely needs to authorize the release of any and all records pertaining to his service. The fact that he is not tripping over himself to do so, if only to address the growing concerns of his own party, indicates to me that there's something in them that he doesn't want us to see. I can't imagine how anything can be worse that what we've seen already.

I'd almost feel sorry for the guy, if he hadn't put himself in this mess.

Thanks to instapundit.

No comments:

Post a Comment