August 14, 2004

And Again...

They're really making this too easy. Here's spinsanity on yet another...well, this one probably only qualifies as an exaggeration. Seems Edwards and others have been trying to reinforce how brave Kerry is by saying that he signed up for the swift boats, even though it was "one of the most dangerous duties you could have." That's true, but it wasn't true until after Kerry signed up. Before then it was thought to be much safer. But hey, don't take my word for it; get it right from the horse's mouth (from a Boston Globe piece):

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."


No comments:

Post a Comment