February 28, 2005

Can I Borrow Your Towel? My Car Just Hit A Water Buffalo.

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed that Hollywood was going to remake one of my favorites comedies--Fletch--even though Kevin Smith was involved. Actually, extremely disapointed doesn't cut it. I hated the idea, much like I hate the idea of remaking The Pink Panther with Steve Martin and Kevin Kline. What is wrong with you people??? Don't you have any original ideas??? Steve...Kevin...do you really need the money that badly??? Because I will take up a collection to stop this movie from reaching the screen, if it comes to that.

Anyway, the point is that I felt that Jason Lee was just not going to be able to fill Chevy's shoes on this one. However...

A new rumor has softened me somewhat. The buzz going around now is that Lee just doesn't have the face/name to "open" a movie, so the new frontrunner is none other than Zach Braff, from TVs Scrubs. So while I certainly don't think that he can fill Chevy's shoes, I think he's very well suited to bring something of his own to the character while still paying tribute to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment