March 11, 2009

Rush To Judgement**

Personally, I think Rush Limbaugh is a pompous windbag, and most of the time I'm cringing at the things he says, but this piece by Camille Paglia is too good to pass up.
This entire fracas was set off by the president himself, who lowered his office by targeting a private citizen by name.
Of course, many people--me included--believe this was a calculated move. Rush is a...polarizing figure. Setting him up as the Voice of the Republican Party only exacerbates the discord currently present. (Witness the reactions of certain party members as examples.) Divide and conquer. And now that it looks like the Fairness Doctrine isn't going to go through, I'm just waiting for The Night of the Long Microphones. (If you don't get the allusion, check here.)

One last thought: heads should roll throughout the administration, but I think I'd start with someone Paglia didn't even mention.--Robert Gibbs. The only reason I might not fire this incompetent is that he might get replaced with Bill Burton, who's even more of a tool.

**Sorry for the title, but the "Rush" jokes have all been done to death, so I didn't even try.
Hat tip to the angelic Petitedov

No comments:

Post a Comment