August 29, 2008

Sometimes the Smallest Ones Get Lost in the Crowd

With all the headlines going to Obama/Biden/McCain/Palin, I think it's important to make note of the developments in the Caylee Anthony case. It looks like the little girl is dead. Air samples from the back of Casey Anthony's car, the one that her mother Cindy said in her 911 call smelled like a dead body, indicate a decomposing body was in the trunk. The FBI preliminary results seem to indicate that a hair found in the trunk seems to be Caylee Anthony's and (I don't know quite how they can tell this, but I believe them) seems to indicate she was dead when the hair was lost. I thought I read something about a knife yesterday, but I can't seem to find it today. I'll keep looking.

Casey Anthony disgusts me. I can't believe that they are offering this woman immunity on the condition she lead them to the remains. (Even if she didn't kill her daughter, her self-centered behavior and refusal to help the police find her daughter still disgusts me. She is an embarrassment to the human race.) I'm against the death penalty, but people like Casey Anthony make me...well, let me put it this way. If she were to die in prison, I would sleep just that much better.

If they do find out that Casey killed her daughter, I seriously hope that they prosecute the grandmother (Cindy) on something like accessory after the fact, or at least obstruction of justice. At every turn she has impeded and confounded this investigation. Her latest? After hearing about the decomposition she suggested that a body was put in the trunk after it was in the tow yard. I just can't believe that these two thought, even for a second, that anyone would buy the shit they're shovelling.

UPDATE: Here's the bit on the knife, as well as some other tidbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment