Opening: I can imagine the memo...
"Continuing the long-standing tradition of SNL making fun of American presidents, our opener will take a shot at President Obama. Writers, please note--we will not be doing anything that makes Obama himself look bad. Biden? Sure. George Bush? Even better."
Monologue: If jokes are a little lame, a "So Barack Obama is president" comment always works. "San Dimas High School football rules!!" (obscure movie reference)
Edible Pampers: Laughed a little; lost appetite a lot.
MacGruber: What a waste of Richard Dean Anderson. You get MacGuyver and that's the best you can do?
Super Bowl Bar: Not so great. Martin's character seemed a little out of place.
Digital Shorts - Laser Cats 4: KILL...KILL...LOVE. Awesome!
Issues: Oh, Casey Wilson...even with "permples" on your face, you are enchanting! When will you give up this comedy thing and settle down with a nice boy who occasionally writes about pining for you in his blog?
MacGruber 2: Still a waste.
Bernie Madoff Super Bowl Party: Cute, but suffers from the occasional SNL problem of "let's play the one note to death."
Cast Members/Steve Martin Orgy: NOOOOOOOO!!!! Why, Casey Wilson, Why? Damn you, Martin! I hate you with the heat of a thousand white hot suns!!
The singing was nice.
MacGruber 3: Pepsi pepsi waste pepsi.
Jason Mraz: He's always good live. No exception here.
- Guys, making fun of Blago doesn't work, as Blago himself does it better than anyone.
- The Angelina Jolie baby search - either kind of funny, or just seems so compared to the rest.
- David Patterson - They've got some guts, going with this skit after they got so much flak last time. I thought it was funny, but I kept wondering if it would play outside of New York. Is Patterson well-known outside NY?
- Jersey jokes are always funny.
- I heard Lorne Michaels hates it, but I always like it when cast members break up.
Steve Martin Banjo: I love when Steve Martin plays the banjo. Nice song, too, but I saw the punchline coming. I also would have liked more playing, less singing.
Forefathers of the Game: Hahahaha...."of course we were upset! He had a great arm and a GUN!" Best skit so far. Reminded me a little of Woody Allen's Zelig.
Jason Mraz 2: See Jason Mraz 1 above.