November 05, 2004

Well, That Didn't Take Long

Already the "Kerry actually won" arguments have begun:
I know you don't want to hear it. You can't face one more hung chad. But I don't have a choice. As a journalist examining that messy sausage called American democracy, it's my job to tell you who got the most votes in the deciding states. Tuesday, in Ohio and New Mexico, it was John Kerry.

Most voters in Ohio thought they were voting for Kerry. CNN's exit poll showed Kerry beating Bush among Ohio women by 53 percent to 47 percent. Kerry also defeated Bush among Ohio's male voters 51 percent to 49 percent. Unless a third gender voted in Ohio, Kerry took the state.
Perhaps if the Democrats spent more time actually addressing the issues instead of complaining how they were cheated out of every election they lost, they wouldn't lose as many.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, and I just want to ask Kerry, "why the long face?"

    ReplyDelete