July 08, 2004

Yeah, But Does Your Dog Have Any Teeth?

Ooooohhhhh....the United Nations is cross at Yasser Arafat. I'm sure he's quaking in his boots. "Oh no," he must be thinking, "they have such an impressive record of enforcement...whatever shall I do? They may even...dare I speak it? I may get a strongly-worded resolution! Woe is me!"

Excuse the sarcasm, but after all this time, I'm firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

But envoys from the United States, United Nations and European Union and Russia told Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie that the world had run out of patience with Arafat's "empty promises" of reform.

You think they'll take back his Nobel Prize?

Seriously, the guy wins a peace prize for negotiating peace in the Middle East? And how well has that worked in the past ten years?

With that kind of track record, I've decided to do a little campaigning for my own Nobel Prize for this novel I'm planning on writing in the next ten years. It could be successful...but then again, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:21 AM

    And don't forget that he was considered to be the world's leading terrorist in the 1980s -- the Osama bin Laden of the Reagan years, if you will.

    Nonetheless, they managed to forget that fact when they gave him his precious little Noble.

    CSWYGU

    ReplyDelete